Sunday, January 31, 2016



This is East Wayne school circa 1939 when my husband (Glen Long, third row up second in from the right), was in second grade there. Early in the school year he got caught talking when the boy behind him taped him on the back and asked him a question.
The teacher said " You boys need to get up in front of the class and sing a song"  So after a short conference they decided on a popular song of the day. It was named "Pistol Packin' Mama";starts out with "drinkin' beer in a cabaret and was I havin' fun! Then one night she caught me right and now I'm on the run!" Everyone in the room was amused except his teacher.
I so wish I had asked him to write all his classmates and teachers names. 

1 comment:

  1. I love these school stories. So glad you posted them on your blog!

    ReplyDelete