Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Well, it is already June ...Hard to believe. It was great to have Grace and Nick here to do the Stonypoint visit Sunday, and go to Leesburg next morning to watch the parade. We always finish that occasion by toasting my  world war two uncles with our favorite beverages at The Keg. I thank God every day that my Uncle Jack is still with us and treasure early childhood memories of my wonderful Uncle Bill who was killed in France; reference video posted Sunday, May 24, 2009 for Grace's reading of those details.
An early  hazy memory is, being picked up by uncle Bill in G. Grace's kitchen. The little blue satin dress I was wearing was new and I was admonished not to get it dirty. That is when uncle Bill gave me a chocolate ice cream cone someone handed him. Because he was still holding me when G. Grace came into the room, he was the one who got scolded. At that time in the world, if you stained a fabric like satin, you would just throw it away.

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing stories like that, and even better, seeing them in print so I don't forget them!

    ReplyDelete