Saturday, July 2, 2011

Early August

It is hot, hot, hot today so it reminds me of August, not July. I danced in the park at the concert last night ( with a partner) in the cool of the evening. Lots of couples got up and danced when they saw us. After some non-dancers came up to us and said how much they enjoyed watching us dance. It was a fun finish to July's first Friday celebration.
I was looking through some Rapp letters Count gave me a couple of years ago, yesterday. That is when I came across this neat little post card written by my mother, Mary Rapp Anglin, to her mom and dad who were on a fishing trip. The card was addressed % G.W. Wise, Arbutus Lake in Michigan. It was dated exactly one week before I was born.
In very small and straight script she wrote:
Dear Folks, the boys are getting ready for market today. Us girls have 2 hired hands to get dinner for. I canned some pickles and plumbs for you yesterday and went to the Doctor in the afternoon.Dr. Baum sent for me. I guess he (there is a word missing here)that it was all over with. Ina Mae and Anna are feeling frisky. Wayne is about O.K. again and Kaye Donn's cold is a little better this morning. Glad to hear you are getting lots of fish to eat-wish we had some here. There is an ice cream social at the church tonight. The kids are all going. Ina Mae and Anna said tell you to have a good time and don't worry about anything. Let us hear from you. Lots of love, Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment