Thursday, February 5, 2009

Still discussing the big snow of 1927-8 the horses used to pull the bobsled were the probably replaced by a tractor before I was born, but I remember the bobsled. It was pretty rickity by the time I experienced it's use. They would hook the tractor on to it and for some reason a bunch of us would attach our sleds to the back of the bobsled and it was a sledathon. I usually got tired of that not too far from the barn.
Anyway back to when they used the horses; they used two according to Uncle Jack,. Names? He said he remembered one was named Topsy and we could just use the name Frank until the other name came to him.
On the way home from church I was telling the kids, and Harley (Sebastian Long) said his name should be Turvy.
Lets play name the mystery horse. Whats your name?

1 comment:

  1. This is Grace on Janny's (Mom's) computer. My kids' picks for the horses' names are as follows: Paul picked Dory
    Patrick said Wally
    Mary thinks it should be Bob
    Nick chose the name Nick
    Sam liked the name Crystal.

    ReplyDelete