Friday, February 27, 2009

More than one family

Sometimes I forget and think all Anglin all of the time. I guess it is where I am most comfortable.
However there are other families to consider and some of those memories are harder to dredge up.
This does not mean I am finished with b ball. The independent teams of the past are intriguing also my niece's grandfather was a popular semi-pro player and later hi school coach-so more of that later

My son Chris Long and I went to Burket the other day to see my Aunt Count ( Ina Mae Rapp Kiefer). She said the Anglin boys were like brothers to her. Her biological brothers named her Count (short for Countess), because they thought she acted too snooty when she was a little girl. She gave me some pictures of her grandfather Rapp who was a Nappanee business man until the great depression.
My kids get a big kick out of my cousin Jim Rapp who is Count's brother's son. He could be in Florida right now and does not take his computer with him,so I may write what I want about him. He told me he will be driving the Corvette down . With the two dogs luggage and Linda that should be fun.
Anyway our great grandpa Rapp had a REO
auto dealership before the crash of 29 . Count said once he went to Michigan and brought home a bright red REO and it was not a fire truck. It never dawned on me that REO Speedwagon was named for the truck in this line until Chris mentioned it.



No comments:

Post a Comment