Sunday, July 30, 2017

We are on the brink of August and I am not finished with many summer things.  But I just keep on watching TV and playing on the computer instead of doing them. I have noticed companies  are using lots of babies and puppies in ads these days. Sure, they are cute; however I now have four grand-dogs,( two in Kansas), and I think they are probably way up there on the cute meter. I have grand-cats too, but they could care less what I think.
This was a fairly cool summer so far. Son Chris's first summer was way cooler. That was the summer we had moved to a cottage on Winona Lake . My dad had a really jazzed up raft, called "Winnie The Poo" on Center Lake. He and my brother,K, had built it from scratch and tricked it out with a tower and ladder, diving board and flying pennant . Anyway, he  thought it would be fun to put it on Winona from fourth of July through the rest of the summer , for obvious reasons. It was parked at our lakefront and we probably used it five or six times. I think it was so drizzly and windy on the fourth and most other week-ends that no one thought it was worth the trouble. We did take the kids  out on it but they had to be so bundled up they were unhappy. The next summer it was back on Center parked at the very same lot we later bought and where we built this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment