Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Fourth of July 2017
 As you may have, I woke up late and had only Oolong tea until noon. The reason being that I got the midnight munchies last night. 
It is a stellar day for weather. Went out to the herb garden at 11:30 while the herb oils were still up in the plants and cut the first time this year. Besides oregano    (The Golden Greek) for drying, I cut parsley and basil for cooking fresh.
Mostly watching Book T V, "tv for serious readers".
Reading family history from my aunt Anna's 1941 diary. She is seventeen and spending summer in Detroit  with her brother, Doyle's family. She is a big help to them and totally unaware that this country was on the brink of the second world war. That forth of July she was very happy that they were all going to her grandpa Rapps to see her brother Wayne who is home on furlough from the Army.

1 comment:

  1. I love it when you relate a day from Aunt Anna's diary. Especially like the historical significance.

    ReplyDelete