Tuesday, December 20, 2016

I  spent alot of Christmases  working at Marge's as a live in "Nanny" type babysitter. When the grown-ups went out to parties it was ok for Glen to come over and help. A fun memory was the year  they had all blue lights on the tree and a new Christmas Album by The Four Freshman. Our favorite song was "Blue Christmas". Little  did we know one of the artists on that record would be our good friend when we were in our late twenties.

When we were dating Glen told me about his family get - togethers where he and his cousin Norma Lee would sing "Winter Wonderland" with slightly different words; Later on we'll perspire, while we dream by the fire". Makes sense to me however unromantic.

The first Christmas album Glen and I bought was" Christmas with Conniff". We played it every Christmas morning. Of course I still do.

No comments:

Post a Comment