Thursday, August 6, 2015

Back to school


Hard to take that it is already that time. I am not ready. This summer was hardly summery. Lots of rain early, then weeds and bugs. Did get to go a couple of places (museums, gardens). Hope for more before snow.
The other day when the younger Johnston boys were here, I was telling them about some of my summer memories from teen and childhood. They were going to the Center beach so I told them about the big tower that was on that pier when I was small. My brother, K.Don Anglin, and I were there almost every sunny day.
K. loved to scare me and show off to my friends. He would stay under water 'till the last moment when I was almost ready to alert the lifeguard then he would pop up way out where he was not supposed to be. Once when he had "perfected" his dive off the top of the tower. He lost his brief worn outt (Tarzan influenced-see a year before pic in older posts March 26, 2009) bathing suit on the way down; catching it with his big toe before he hit the water. Yes, I was embarrassed and my girlfriends were giggling. Awkkkkkword!!!!!

1 comment: