Friday, March 20, 2009

Lets do spring.

Yes! It is March 20th -the first day of spring. I'm going to give basket ball a rest for a while because I feel more like garden thinking and planning. My roots with gardening go way back. All my families were gardeners or farmers or both. Glen and I were both Master Gardeners. We took the training when Purdue just started certifying. Actual professors would show up once a week in North Webster to teach. Warsaw was not ready yet so the classes were held at the American Legion there in Webster.

For several years while we were in business as Tabatha's Garden I taught all day herbal seminars for Purdue at IPFW. They were challenging but great fun with packed classes. My favorite part was the luncheon they held often at Triangle Park.

Last friday our County Extention office called to ask if I would judge herbs at the Co. Fair again.
It is an interesting and easy way to make 50.00. The twins birthday is that day but maybe we can get together on Sunday before.

I have about 200 heritage tomato plants under lights. I hope to bring them along in time for the
Pound Store history days in mid- May. We all need to contribute something to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment