Monday, March 25, 2019

Rapp ..Count writes to Anna during the second world war.

Dear  Anna,
I bet you think i'm homesick to see you. (yes).Shorty left sunday after
dinner. Won't be back until tomorrow (wednsday) night and maybe not then. Why don't you and Mag come up ? It's about time isn't it? (Mag is their friend).
Gee, I'm so awfully glad for you that Jess got to come home. Of course I'm glad for him too. He can come to you on half the fare that you could go to him.

(Count is Anna's older sister and Jess is Anna's army boyfriend).

You can send the skirt up if you want to but there's no need to.
Wish you could see my green dress- it can be worn in the spring as a suit. I don't wear it very much because I have to wear a girdle to make it fit real nice. 
Got a new Chicago mail order catalog.
My last letter from Wayne (their brother) said he hadn't heard from you for a long time and he wondered how you were. You should write to him just like you always did. I imagine he just about lives for our letters from home.
We'll be glad to get a snapshot of Jess in his uniform - whenever you send it.  
   Tell Mag hello, I sure enjoyed your letter. Write. Bye now, with Love, Count (and Shorty)

No comments:

Post a Comment