Sunday, February 5, 2017


Last Friday daughter Grace went to a nursing home to visit  her long-time friend. When she entered the place she could hear singing coming from the dining/activities area. They were singing " I got a brand new pair of roller skates; you got a brand new key". Of course! They were from that generation  that used a skate key. We all had sidewalk scabby knees back then.
This time of the year when I was in early teen years we would go to the roller skating rink. It was on rd.15  across from the Crystal Dairy Bar. The building looked like a war surplus Quonset hut with a hardwood floor installed. We used rented shoe skates and I remember I would be so excited I often went home with a sick headache. The worst was just after Christmas when I had received a bottle of "Evening in Paris" cologne and used it liberally. 
Aargh!!!
 .





No comments:

Post a Comment